Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Hallowed Decor

BeforeAfter
In the middle of projects yesterday, I was struck with the Halloween decorating spider. I have a few tubs of decor and I usually hold off til mid-Oct. for the Halloween goodies, but I couldn't stand it any longer. I LOVE Halloween. I started with the fireplace and it is still a work in progress. I hope to get a ghastly picture in place of the current one and something to fill in the gaps of white. I have thought I would put a long piece of wood with a wise saying of some sort, such as 'Beware'. Please post any suggestions, they are most welcome.
I love this little tree I made last year.
I salvaged the base from a trip to the dumpster and slapped the paint on it. It is hard to capture on the photo all the decorations. The ghost garland, ornaments tied onto the limbs with an assortment of ribbons and the purple lights. Love it. I have also assembled quite a group of pumpkins that hang around all season. Some of the white ones may even get to stay til Christmas....we'll see.

The hutch area is getting share of goblins also. This is still a work in progress. Actually, I have a huge stack of mail, keys, and other things to do just out of the picture. You'll get the full pic eventually when I clear my 'work' area.
I must give credit where credit is due. Chesterann did her best at helping with the outdoor decor. She held down the garland for me so it wouldn't get away. She actually did that job a little too well, I almost couldn't get it away from her!! The swinging bats have her a little worried and keeps eyeing them. Or perhaps the bats should be worried......hmmmm.

1 comment:

kattz*cottage said...

I love your Halloween decorations! Your fireplace looks so pretty & I love your little tree....I never thought of making a Halloween tree but what a great idea & I love the way you painted the base for it! And Chester is too cute!

Enjoy your day!
Kathy