Thursday, January 7, 2010

Bring on the duster

I've been riding my vacuum like a banshee and swinging my duster with the wind!  I do my 'spring' cleaning right now.  There's no waiting around for me because when spring does arrive, I have better things to do outside.  This year I am decluttering my surfaces and pulling out my tarnished silver and white or creamy stuff.  I just can't resist unique serving pieces when I see them and I gathered a few in a cut glass cream pitcher.

I've been prepping canvases for a project idea that has been tumbling around in my head for a while.  Quit laughing now....I know you are thinking.."How did I find it then!"  Well I did and I'll be using a few of these pics perhaps....

This is a shot of my great grandparents.  This is kinda deceiving because Granny barely came to Grandad's shoulder, if even that tall!  He was over 6 feet tall.  It's clear where the height factor entered our family gene's.  Apparently both pics by the same slightly askew photographer.
Grandad in a parade or rounding up a posse?

My Granny loved her hats and doesn't she look sassy with this one!

I will try really hard to take pics of this little project and share soon.

I also noticed that I am nearing my 100th post!  OMG!!  Hmmm, I've never had a giveaway and I am baffled at what gifts to bestow on my blog friends.  I wanna make it a good one for ya.  I'll work on that one and get a giveaway post done very soon.
Thanks for being patient when I don't blog for weeks on end.  I actually resolve to be more consistent at blog posts among many other things.

5 comments:

Janet said...

i get the "spring cleaning bug" in the wintertime too! sadly, i don't act on it in winter or spring! can't wait to see your project and congrats on approaching your 100th post! thanks for stopping by my blog, i look forward to following you!

Anne Lorys said...

Congrats on your impending 100th post, and thank you so much for popping over to my blog to say hello.

So very nice to meet you!
Have a wonderful week,
Anne

Victoria Hayden said...

Thank you for stopping by! Looking forward to getting to know you and now following your blog. :) Can't wait to see how your painting turns out! Have a wonderful week!

Hugs,
~Victoria~

Unknown said...

Well, I've been looking at my vacuum cleaner for two days. LOL, I was side tracked by football games and blogs. Congrats on your 100th post!

sattsue said...

Good to see you today at quilting. Looking forward to reading your 100th post.