Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Flea market Belt and Purse

Vintage tablecloth a
Old feedsacks a
Embroidered dresser cloth a
Misc. items from 'the armoire' aa
Grab the inspiration for this flea market belt from http://robolady.blogspot.com/, a pair of scissors and the trusty sewing machine. I had seen this cute flea market belt on Margo's site and was inspired to make one myself. I have collected vintage textiles forever and had a nice selection to choose from. Problem is....I can't hardly cut them up. So, I search for the least flaw to justify the remake.
I used the feedsack for the base piece and the pretty floral tablecloth for the pockets. The crochet accents are covering up the wear holes and add some style.
I used an old napkin to make the covered pocket with a magnet closure to keep your cash/cards secure.
Now, I'd say this is a much more fashionable alternative to the fanny pack.
Well, I couldn't stop there. I made a coordinating purse to go along with the ensemble for post-flea functions. I used a dresser scarf to accent the interior along with napkins.

Pockets to carry the cell phone and the cash. Let's go shopping!

I have loved putting this little ensemble together. I will take these to a fund-raising auction tonight. I made them yesterday just to reaffirm that

if it weren't for the Last Minute.........I Wouldn't get ANYTHING Done!!!

Enjoy crafting y'all!

2 comments:

Margo said...

Love it, glad I could inspire. Love your use of old linens.
Margo

View my blog at:
http://robolady.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Love, love, love your design. Love the details and use of fabric inside the purse. You inspire me.

Cindy