Thursday, July 8, 2010

Swap Heaven

Hey y'all, I've finally made it back home and uploaded pics from Paper Cowgirl and trips to yonder and back again.  It is truly a blessing to be with other creative women that inspire me and spur me to go a new direction in art.  LUV it!  I had joined a few more swaps this year and was truly blessed with some awesome creations.  I will have to stretch the pics out over a few days to do justice to some of them. 
The swaps are a bonus gift to an art retreat and the Queen Sash was awesome. 
I really enjoyed creating a sash for Marie Jenkins.  She is just adorable and was an inspiration. 
She hinted at Frenchy Blues which I adore and off I went.
Tiny beads to accent swirls and vintage sequin trim from my dear grandmother's stash.
Dream is a fav past-time and is important to wander beyond our daily restraints
and to realize we can do more in all our endeavors. 
Here is sweet Marie modeling her Queen Sash.  She is just so cute and such a sweet spirit.
 
This awesome box held the sash created for me by Marsha Albee of Kentucky. 
Wowza, she had the presentation done right and I can use this in my creative space also.
She created a masterpiece for me and I love the push to CREATE when I gaze at my sash. 
I will be hanging it in my creative space soon so I can enjoy it all the time.
The accent that joins the sash was so cute with the cowgirls and the paper ruffles
for just the right glitz and tattered glamour.
Thanks Marsha, I really love my Queen Sash!

I also was the recipient of this unbelievable cuff from Elizabeth Deuson.  It is covered in embroidery and silk ribbon embroidery with beautiful buttons and crocheted closures.  I am all over it and wearing it often.  She took a lot of time and her expertise is just oozing out.  Awesome!
I created a cuff for Elizabeth also.  We both love turquoises and apparently silk embroidery.  What a coincidence that we would both pull out our silk ribbons.
I threw in a couple of charms engraved with PC 2010 and a hot air balloon from moi with little chunks of turqoise.  Each cuff that exchanged was a mini artwork in itself.  Great work gals!
I'll post paper dolls and blooms ASAP.
Thanks for stoppin by and come back soon...ya hear?!

No comments: