Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Aprons at attention

More booty from a great sale has made it's way out of a box. There are aprons everywhere now. Starch and sizing and a super hot steam iron made a few of these beauties stand to attention. Ironing is definitely not my most fav pastime, but is sorta relaxing in a mundane way. I had flashbacks to the 60's when my mother ironed all evening during tv time.
Expecting to just have a dozen total, I was shocked when the final count was 29! A few were old skirts that had been re-fitted into new duty and then flour sack fabrics and other misc. goodness. The majority were definitely work aprons and had seen their share of it. There were only 2 full aprons and one of those was for a child with the cutest raggedy ann and andy print. The pink roses is a sweet one and fits very nicely. It may stay in my kitchen for a while.
The cutest one of the lot was the red stripe with the adorable pockets. They say it ALL folks!!

BEFORE the kids and chores she had time to gussy up a bit and I am sure Mr. Husband always brought home a bouquet of flowers!.....and, oh my....is that a box of CHOCOLATES??
AFTER.....this tells it like it is.
I can imagine she is greeting him at the door in DESPERATION! You've got to hand it to him though....he is still smiling and bringing her goodies,
even if it is the groceries.
Excerpt from 'As We Like It' for accepted social usage at the table.
Do not employ both hands in eating. Keep one hand or the other in the lap a good part of the time. Ummmmm, really?
Do not gesticulate with the silver. OK, I'm out with that one! haha, I thought a fork was to help orchestrate the conversation! How many demerits would I have collected?!

1 comment:

Ruby said...

The Raggedy Ann and Andy is so cute and the striped with Cartoons is really special but I'd like to see that green with flowers. That's the one for me!