Tuesday, January 20, 2009

at my fingertips

Welcome to all Y'all who've come to visit a spell. I hope you are all on board with decluttering your life with Sarah @ Thrifty Decor Chick. I know I can sure use some motivation. It seems the more I try to get it all together, I look around and it has all escaped!

This drawer is my 'go to' drawer when I am in a sewing frenzy. I had used these little drawer dividers in my kitchen first. Well, that seemed like a good idea in theory, but it didn't work in the everyday life. They stayed stacked up in some dark corner for a long time. Then they were rescued and put to good use. This is really what they were meant for....the sewing drawer! I used some of that rubber texture shelf liner under these little dividers to keep everything from sliding.
They have worked really hard for me here also. I don't like to waste time searching for a particular color of thread and I sorted them by color groups. Yes, yes, I know some of you are saying that is a bit OCD, but trust me....it has saved me tons of time and frustration!

I also have several older spools of thread that just made the above drawer get all out of wack. This older jar is perfect for older spools. Before you think I've gone OCD AGAIN, there was a really good reason the spools are stacked. I had thrown them in there and had about 8 spools left out in the cold. Sooooo.....I dump them all out and start over....stacking them. I was wanting them to fit in one jar. As you can see, there are still a couple of lonely gals waiting to get inside. There may be another jar that needs to be filled when I gather some more of these little spools I spied in yet another drawer.
You get a glimpse of just a small bit of my laces. I had a lot of these old wooden spools lying around for years. One evening was spent wrapping about a dozen of these spools with my pieces of lacey goodness. Having all these items around are good to inspire creativity and I get to use some of my favorite things.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

your favorite things....and some day far far far far far away they will be my favorite things too.

ellie mae said...

Love what you did with the jar and the spool. And that drawer is just wonderful. So organized! Great job :)

kari and kijsa said...

love the spool and jar! Thanks for joining in today!
blessings,
kari & kijsa