Tuesday, August 19, 2008

The strand



Long time, no type. We made a quick trip to Houston this past weekend. When one is THAT close to the coast...then, why not go there!! We zipped down to Galveston before jetting back home. Strolled down The Strand and grabbed a few pics of the awesome architecture. I love all the details in the railing with the Texas stars. What that pic doesn't show is the intense heat of the day...Wowza. We're used to the heat around here, but not that crazy humidity. The DH and family rested at the candy/soda shoppe while I walked down the promenade. The selection of candies are mouth-watering, but I opted for the hand-dipped Pecan Praline ice cream to cool down a bit. Wish you could have come along for some snaps and snacks.


We will be heading out this weekend to welcome the sweet baby due to arrive this next week. My son/father-to-be is headed home as I type and that plane can't fly fast enough to suit the mother-to-be. I will have baby pics to post soon as any grandma is supposed to do.


This new arrival has become a high-risk situation and will be a C-section. All prayers and good thoughts sent in their direction will be welcome.


Final thought - Love is the shortest distance between two hearts.


1 comment:

kattz*cottage said...

Hi Terri!
Thanks so much for visiting my blog & for helping me out with the "what is it?" tea-maker - I think you are exactly right!
I love Galveston too & have been there many times! Sounds like you had a great trip. It's always nice to hear from a fellow Texan!
Congrats on the new Adorable Grandbaby!

Enjoy your day!
Kathy