Thursday, January 13, 2011

Art and Armoires

The month of January is appropriately assigned Snow and/or white for the Blissful ATC swap.  I have received my ATC for the month of January from partner Karla Jackson.  The rose applique is covered in snow.  I love it.  Thank you Karla!snow-received-january

I have just put mine in the mail to her and I just concentrated on SNOW.  We haven’t had any yet around here and so this is our token of snow for our house.snow-atc-sent

Update on the room redo/catastrophe:

I have finally pulled in all the parts of the armoire.  It is HUGE in this room, but I think I will finally get the organization handled and it will work quite well.armoire

I love that it has pretty legs that lift it off the floor.  I fell in love with all the details.  The delicate carving at the crown is just yummy.armoire-cornice

Then the panes of glass on the doors that coordinate with the windows already  in this room.  I am debating hanging lace panels in there until I get the perfect decorative containers to set on the shelves.armoire-doors

The hardware is beautiful.  The detail is unbelievable and mimics the decorative bow on the crown.  armoire-hardwareA few key pieces are missing and a few of the back plates are missing.  I have already been searching the internet for antique hardware and am NOT having any luck matching any of it.   If anyone has any leads on any hardware hoarders, then let me know.  I also have a dressing table with a swivel oval mirror and a missing swivel part.  Crucial to the whole swivel effect needed to make it complete.  I will rig a solution that I think will work in the meantime.

I had to take out a day to make curtains for the very bare windows.  I hope to get those hung up by Saturday.  Keeping my fingers crossed to finish soon.

Come on back to check it all out and make me accountable to get this project finished!!  Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

DeeDee said...

Love the armoire.

MISS PEACH ~(^.^)~ said...

Hello Terri! Thank you ever so much for the wonderful snowy confection that tumbled into my mailbox from your desk...I LOVE IT! Please share the secret of the shimmer glimmer stuff that makes it so magical...I love that it does not shed all over...
Your room is delightful and I want that cabinet for my cozy cottage!
Glad you liked my ATC...that is silk fabric and I stamped the quote and the bee so perfectly that I jumped for joy...stamping blind on an only scrap of fabric was nerve wreacking...
Karla