Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Old Dresser Redo

I have been working on a new project these last 2 days.  I luv, luv, luv repainting old furniture and I haven’t been able to do this in quite a while.   So I have paint on my newly manicured nails and it is NO problem man!!

I always forget to take the ‘before’ picture.  I hate when that happens.  I did nab a pic after I had sanded the drawer fronts and top. 2010 10 23_3604

I put on a coat of primer and let it dry well.  Today I started adding the layers of color.  There is creamy pale yellow and two shades of blue.  You can’t ignore the cheetah that I decoupage  onto the surface also.  color-layer

Then I have painted over all of the splotchy mess with white paint.  I often use a beeswax candle or even petroleum jelly over some areas that I don’t want the white paint to adhere.  Not this time though because I really want this to be subtle and I’ll be sanding quite a bit and I think the effect will be soft and very nice worn look.dresser

That is what I have in mind anyway.  While this is drying this evening, I am back in the sweat shop and sewing up some draperies for a client.  And who knows what else will happen when I get my energy back in gear. 

Luv ya and hope to hear from ya soon pardner!

No comments: