Sunday, June 21, 2009

New additions

Saturday, my garage saleing (sp?) buddy and I went to a neighboring town to check out a sale that had already been shopped over the day before, but this estate had so much stuff you wouldn't have known this was the 2nd day of shopping heaven. There was a ton of stuff and I was in a sensory overload from the minute I went through the door. I am so excited to share my greatest find yet! On the floor, partially tucked under a table was the most unassuming little black box. It is the newest baby of my collection. As if the 3 on my sewing table right now are not enough and the other 4 that I own needed company....sheesh. But this one is special because it will be dedicated to my quilt piecing. It has just the cutest carrying case and perfect for transporting to classes. I had never paid much attention to these little work horses called Featherweights, but I'm in the club of ownership now. Yeah for me.

Then we take a gander here at the silvery and shiny stuff...The oval platter is a nice large size with an art deco motif and is a heavy aluminum I think. The covered server is in the most excellent condition and I loved the beaded edging on that piece. Then there is the silver footed platter.

I must be a magpie at heart because I am so attracted to shiny things. I love silver trays and have several stacked up already. There were a few other trays at the sale, but I really exercised self-control and just brought these few home. This one got the cut because it was footed. A little polish and it will be a real show off.
This is a sewing box I scored at a sale a couple of weeks ago. It was packed with goodies inside and was just like Christmas going through all of it. It had several marking pens for fabric that aren't in the pic because they have already found a home at my work table.

Just looking at this cute basket makes you want to mend something......or not. At least it will look adorable while waiting to be put to a good use when needed.
I did take more pics of the other goodies, but Blogger is challenging me on every photo upload.  More at another time.
A footnote:  It is funny how I was just fixin' to publish this post the other day when the phone rang which led to dinner out for father's day, then a nice visit afterward.  Then, unexpected and terrific surprise company that dropped in and ended up with an overnight visit.  And all the while I am gathering stuff for my trip away for the next week.  May I emphasize Chaotic??!!!  understatement, for sure!  haha, but I scrounged this post up from the drafts and finally can share it.  Enjoy, and I can't wait to post about the Paper Cowgirl retreat in Waxahachie this weekend.  Check ya later, alligator.

1 comment:

Cindy said...

LOVE that silver cake tray! And hey!you forgot your cabinet! :D I'll save it for ya! Kidding! Although at the rate it is selling, it might still be here next time you come through! LOL.

-c
yapping cat