Sunday, December 19, 2010

Sweat Shop Specials

I have been especially blessed this past month to create window treatments for friends and therefore less time to piddle on the pc.  It’s catch up time here and I’ll give you a little sneak peek into my projects.

This  one was an oriental theme.  The obi idea took shape and there was the most luscious silk chinese toile and red silk to work with ……. yummy stuff!obi-panel-windows

My friend has a tassel fetish that we often joke about, but her tassels were perfect to finish off these panels and the rod.obi-panels

Then there is the guest room.  I love these inverted pleats to give fullness without gathers and ruffles.Tomi's-curtains-gst-rm

These panels were hung from amber glass knobs and were perfect for this room full of antiques.  A few more adjustments to flatten the rod of sheers will be the final touch.Tomi's-guest-clse-up

There are two more windows to take pics of and I’ll get them posted soon.  The Sweet One will get a new room ensemble and redo in her little room right after Christmas.  WooHoo, another sewing project!

12December02

Today, I’ll take some pics of the Christmas décor around the house and share AsAp. 

Spread some smiles around this HOLYday season. 

12December02

4 comments:

Sandi McLean said...

Lovely projects! I've popped over to let you know I'm posting the "12 Days Of Christmas" ATCs if you want to come for a peek. http://scrapbookinwithg.blogspot.com It's a lovely swap, I adore everyone's contributions - your six gees a' layin' make me laugh everytime I look! Love them!

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Sure wish I would have taken Home Ec or something when I was in school so that I would have learned to sew. A friend tried to teach me to use a sewing machine, but let's just say, I had a lead foot. :) The curtains you made are lovely and unique. Hope you are having a wonderful day. Tammy

Cindy said...

You work is awesome! Thanks for sharing.

Designs by Blanche said...

Terri,

I stopped by to thank you for the lovely (and sooo creative) 6 Geese A Layin ATC. You are a gem!
~Blanche