Saturday, December 18, 2010

Small Tokens of Art

It’s been all a tizzy around here and I am starting to catch up to myself finally.  I must share my latest ATC trades with you all.  If you enjoy creating ATC’s, go check out Blissful Art Swap.  It is a great venue to get your creativity on.

This one was a November gift.  The theme was our choice and I love the mom cooking up goodies. It was created by Sonya. November-blissful

The month of December is all about angels.  This is my adorable angel sent by CourtneyDecember-blissful

I finally got around to sending Courtney her card.my-Dec-angel

I find it hard to stay in the ATC parameters.  It seems I am always outside the boundaries so often and I was always the one to color INSIDE the lines as a child….go figur!  I just couldn’t find it in myself to clip her little wings at all.decdetail

I also have a wonderful group of ladies that I gifted with these little tokens of appreciation.  Using my grandmother’s and great-grandmother’s ‘ear bobs’,  I created refrigerator magnets.  I removed the clips and used E-6000 to bond them with the magnet disc.  I used some of my vintage buttons with a few of them to give them a better look.biggroup5

Here is a sample of one of them in the finished presentation.  I actually became a little obsessed over the packaging presentation.  I was able to tuck in a little mint also.  finalpkg

Here is a side view of the little package.  I used a 3/4” hole punch and it held the magnet portion perfectly.  It took a little cyphering to get the measurements to work out, but it wasn’t brainiac stuff.magnetpkg

They turned out to be the perfect size to put on the place setting.

I have photos of more draperies installed to come soon.  I am just really trying to get caught up on LIFE around here.  Christmas is around the corner and the blessed children and Sweet One arrive in a couple of days.  Then the Fun begins!!

When the Grinch's are out and about, just spoil their meanness with a smile and a kind word….even if you are really just gritting your teeth really tight.

Take care Y’all.

5 comments:

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Your little angel card is so sweet. I wouldn't have been able to cut her wings either. Love your bauble magnets too. My Mammaw had the best jewelry box. I used to sit at her dressing table. Put on some Oil of Olay or her Cover Girl makeup and try on all her wonderful clip earrings. Sure wish I had that jewelry box now. I don't know who got it when she passed away so many years ago. Keep smiling and have a great rest of the weekend. :) Tammy

Sinderella's Studio said...

Love the angels - hers and yours!!!
cheers, dana

My Vintage Studio said...

Hi Terri.
Wishing you a Merry Christmas and all the best for the New year!
Hugs, Sharon

Cindy said...

Cute cards. Love the detail.

DeeDee said...

Yay - happy to see someone else that does ATCs. My new years resolution was to start making thenm. :) These are so sweet.