Saturday, August 21, 2010

Set a spell….

This Friday was a surprise garage sale kind of day.  Not planned, meaning no 6 a.m. wake up alarm, which was wonderful.  I still scored a neat set of chairs that I am super excited about.

the-chairs-web

Each one has it’s own little stamp of character.  I have a vision of them hanging on a wall holding a lush fern, assortment of my collectables and who knows what else.  I can hang many of my old linens from the rungs.

woven-chair-seat-web

This is the woven seat of one of them and it is in better condition than the actual chair.  The texture is gorgeous and I may take more pics of this for backgrounds in my altered art projects.

3-chairs-web

I think we could just set here a spell and watch the ONE car drive by. 

tin-funnel

I also found this cute little tin tray and a funnel/filter with the screen still intact.  Just in case I want t0 strain the fresh-squeezed milk from the cow that we don’t own!  I’m just sayin’……

1 comment:

Ruby said...

Looks and sounds like great finds. Those things you find unexpectedly are the best!

Cow or NOT the tray and strainer are grand.