Friday, June 17, 2011

Gluing and Sewing

The weather is extremely HOT around here with temps over 100 almost every day and the wind is intense. I think we are living in a convection oven.  With that said, you will know why I am secluded in my house with the AC unit running at warp speed.  There have been several projects passing over the work table recently.  The art dept. and the sewing dept. have been open, often at the same time. 

Fun Projects:

This month is the theme of ‘wedding’ for June at the Blissful ATC Swap.  This gal has been sent on her way to my swap partner.  I really wish I had been able to capture the 3D effect.  The bride is layered papers and slightly molded which the highlights show to some degree.  I enjoyed using this vintage pic I had on file.  I can’t wait to receive my swap from my partner.2011 06 07_5930

I’ve also been working on some baby gifts.  I embellished a couple of outfits with trims.  This brown and pink trim wraps around toward the back with another swirl.brwn-t-front

The matching pink leggings have sumptuous  and soft flowers around the hem.  I think I could put this trim on everything!pink-pants-trim

The black and white ensemble is more simple.  I used more of the soft flower on the center of the white doily on the top.  I am thinking Big Bows are in order to complete these ensembles.blk-wht-set

I haven’t taken pics yet of the car seat canopies which are fabric covers secured to conceal a sweet babe from harsh winds while outside.  I love the shopping cart covers that keep the sweet babes from licking the cart handles.  I wish this great idea had come along when my son was still in a cart.  He licked every cart clean as a whistle despite my hardest efforts to prevent it!  EEEEEuuuuuuuu!!

Vintage Bride for You….feel free to use in your art.

bride bed bonnet

I will take pics and share more soon.  Thanks for stopping by.

7 comments:

My Vintage Studio said...

Hi Terri.
Sorry it has been a long since my last visit.
Your ATC is beautiful!
Wishing you a wonderful weekend.
Hugs,Sharon

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

When we went out for lunch yesterday, hubby said it was like being in an oven. At 7:30 pm last nite, it was 115 degrees, and the sun sets around here about 6:50 pm. Ugh! Your tag is sweet and the clothing embellishments lovely, especially that trim. Have a great weekend. Tammy

Cindy said...

Great work. Love the little pink roses on the leggins, great idea. Everything looks so cute!

Sandi McLean said...

Love your ATC! Thanks for the vintage photo.
The sweet little outfits..:)Please send the "extra" heat this way LOL

Barb said...

Beautiful Bride ATC...love it! And I think yourlitte one's clothing is fabulous!...so cute and girly!

pchickki said...

Your talent and work are amazing and now I own a piece of it :)
Thanks for the Blissful ATC trade. I love it!
Hugs

Linda Jo said...

Had to check in and see what you are up to! Beautiful atc!!!